Tuesday, July 26, 2016

All Lady July Guest Post - Jamie from Books and Beverages : "Women Encouraging Women: A Few Books to Encourage You in Your Faith"


I'm so pleased to have my dear friend Jamie joining us today. Especially because she's taking the month off of her own blog so she can get ready for her big move to Colorado and into the publishing industry! Thanks for making the time lady! (Also, moving sale at her store).


Women Encouraging Women: A Few Books to Encourage You in Your Faith
By Jamie Lapeyrolerie

First I wanted to say what fun it is to join in All Lady July - I love it! And second, thanks Wesley for having me! Today, I wanted to share a few books that have encouraged me as a woman and woman of faith. All of these are great books to check out and will encourage you (and men, don’t shy away from them either!).

First up, Annie Down’s Looking for Lovely. This was just what I needed to read. There’s lovely all around us and I loved that this book reminded me of that. Plus the Bible Study is awesome!
looking-for-lovely-annie-f-downs.jpg

Another favorite recent read is Jen Hatmaker’s For the Love. There’s so much I can say about this one - it’s encouraging in so many ways, like the fact that we don’t need to have everything together and it will make you laugh! Oh and cry too, but I definitely recommend it! Here’s one quote I really loved:

“We are called to this work, and it might not seem like much, but if you play your one note and I play mine and she plays hers, together it will create a beautiful song that sounds like freedom for the captives and good news to the poor. May the brokenhearted be healed and ashes turned to beauty in our generation. God, make us worthy of Your calling.”

I lied, here’s one more quote :)

“May we show love in big and small ways, and may that love reach people accustomed to being shamed or ignored. The bright stars shouldn’t get all the attention; let’s search for those whose lights are dimmed, because we are not a tribe of supernovas but of steady, collective light.”

IMG_7817.jpg

This next one is a bit of a throwback - I read Stasi Eldredge’s Captivating years and years ago, but the truths have stayed with me. Being a woman is such a gift and this reminded me of that!

“There is a radiance hidden in your heart that the world desperately needs.”

IMG_6015.jpg

Leaving Ordinary: Encounter God Through Extraordinary Prayer by Donna Gaines was an incredibly encouraging study on prayer. I absolutely loved it - I daily need reminders about staying in prayer and the power that comes from prayer (I’m especially learning this right now in big life changes!). I recommend this if you want to dive in deeper on the topic of prayer.

leaving-ordinary.jpg

The final book I want to share about is Eric Metaxas’ Seven Women. I read his Seven Men and was really hoping he would write a book on women, and he did! I love history and I’m a huge fan of stories of women who changed the world and this book fit the bill perfectly. It’s a quick read and you’ll finish feeling ready to change the world and inspired by seven amazing women.

IMG_8032.jpg

I’ll end with two bonus podcasts I’ve recently started listening to and have really enjoyed. If you’ve joined the awesome podcast train, here’s two worth checking out!

Happy-Hour-Logo-Clear.png

Screen Shot 2016-07-12 at 8.58.08 AM.png

Thanks for joining in All Lady July and hope you get a chance to read one or two of these!

1 comment:

Thank you so much for your comment. I'd love to talk books with you!