Friday, December 27, 2013

Less of a Review, More of a Recommendation

I was fortunate to have a few days off of work this week and I got some reading in. Some of them will pop up on the blog but some won't.
One of the books that I read was "The Monsters of Templeton" by Lauren Groff. I loved it! However, it's one of those books that when you try to explain it 1) ridiculous and incredibly confusing or 2) by trying to explain it you give things away.

I'll give you some keywords to intrigue you:
-loch ness-like monster
-affair with professor
-reformed hippie
-middle age running club
-arson
-poisonings
-doubtful parentage

It was a fun read and I recommend it!



Also, and completely unrelated I got a daily devotional book based off of CS Lewis books. I'm excited to start it January 1, and maybe some of it will pop up here!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I'd love to talk books with you!