Monday, December 9, 2013

Best Book Titles

Welcome to winter everybody.Hope everyone has good tires on their vehicle and a hefty snow scrapper in your trunk. Keep safe!

----------------------------------------------------------------------

I love a good book title. I judge a book by it's title more than it's cover, I think. I think a book is also deeper ingrained in my memory if it's got a funny title. Here are some that I have seen that I think are great:

Another Bullshit Night in Suck City- Nick Flynn
We have Always Lived in a Castle - Shirley Jackson
For Whom The Bell Tolls- Papa Hemingway
The Spy Who Came in From the Cold-John le Carre
The Sound and the Fury - William Faulkner
The Heart is a Lonely Hunter - Carson McCullers
A Canticle for Leibowitz - Walter M Miller Jr.
A Monster Calls - Patrick Ness
The Dark and Hollow Places - Carrie Ryan
In the Country of Last Things - Paul Auster
Tony Hogan Bought Me an Ice Cream Float Before He Stole Me Ma by Kerry Hudson

What are some of your favorites? Has anyone read any of these? I have read We Have Always Lived in a Castle and A Monster Calls...

4 comments:

  1. I'm a sucker for Jen Lancaster's book titles such as "Bright Lights, Big Ass" and "Such a Pretty Fat". I also think she's freaking hilarious (and a midwesterner!) and would highly recommend her for light comedic relief reading. And her book titles.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I've never heard of her but those are great! Sounds like good vacation reads..mmmm...vacation...

    ReplyDelete
  3. How do I describe her books? They're like intelligent chick lit except they're memoirs. Bitter is the new black is her first book and it chronicles her fall from a super rich prada toting shopaholic to almost getting evicted from her ghetto apartment because she and her husband were both laid off and can't pay rent. And the whole time she's hilarious and swearing and politically incorrect and it's great. Definitely easy vacation reads

    ReplyDelete
  4. Swearing and being politically incorrect are two of my favorite things. Thanks for the rec!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I'd love to talk books with you!