Thursday, November 25, 2021

Spooky Movie Wrap Up

Hi everyone! Now that it's the end of November, time to wrap up my October activity, haha. 

New to me movies/shows:

Suspiria - As I said in my previous post I went with the new Suspiria because I was intrigued by the setting and cast. It was really interesting, the acting was great, there was a lot of unsettling weird stuff. But it kept me super intrigued the whole time. I love the dance studio setting - I love a crumbling art deco building. Also, there's some subtitles in the movie and when they are speaking German the text is red and when they are speaking French it's blue. Which I just adore for some reason.

Squid Game - Everyone and their mom is talking about this show, so I won't go on any more about it. I like a horror movie that involves people having to take deep looks into themselves and figure out how they would react in a certain situation, that's why this one works for me!

The Cube - Want a thriller/horror movie that relies heavily on math? The Cube is for you! The Cube walked so Saw could run. A group of strangers suddenly awaken in a series of booby-trapped rooms and they try to figure out why and if there's anything that they can do to survive and get out. 

In The Earth - I was intrigued by this one because of the director's horror credentials and the fact that it was written and shot in an incredibly short period of time. It feels real relevant, and it's because it was written JUST at the beginning of the panini. I thought it was fine! Not amazing but entertaining enough.

Repeat favorites:

The Fog - I love me The Fog. I think the first like, 15 minutes is just so perfectly done. Just classic 80's John Carpenter.

Poltergeist - My favorite fact about Poltergeist is that it's directed by Tobe Hooper...who also directed Texas Chainsaw Massacre. I feel like Poltergeist is just a spooky, fun little romp and Texas Chainsaw Massacre is just...terrifying. Tobe has range!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I'd love to talk books with you!