Thursday, September 30, 2021

Spooky Movies for October

 Fall is upon us which means - sweaters! scarves! even more spooky movies!

I, despite being a total wuss, do love a good horror movie so I am making myself a list of horror movies that I haven't seen to view during the month of October. I am keeping the list small, I know there's 31 days in October but I just don't have that sort of time. Also I'm pretty sure that would give me nightmares.

Suspiria (the new one) - I can't resist Tilda Swintron or post-WWII/divided Berlin.

Coraline - I read the book a long time ago but everyone says how spooky this movie is, even though it's for kids.

Mothman Prophecies - one of my former bosses said that this movie still scares the shit out of her, and the cast is kind of bizarre (Richard Gere?) so I'm intrigued. 

Paranormal Activity - My dear cousin Amanda suggested this one and since it kicked off a whole new subgenre of horror movies I think it's worth including!

Something by Dario Argento - one of the guys in my favorite movie reviewing YouTube channel (Red Letter Media) loves him some Dario Argento and so I'll pick one of his to get started on. I could do Suspiria, a double feature. 

Amityville Horror - my friend Sally's husband recommended this one for me. I've never seen it somehow. I think Im going to go classic version, though the remake is tempting because it involves Ryan Reynolds. 


They Live - I love me some John Carpenter (The Thing is top 5 of my favorite movies ever) but this is a classic of his that I've never seen.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thank you so much for your comment. I'd love to talk books with you!