Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Mini Bloggiesta To-Do List!

Just a little mini Bloggiesta over this weekend, but though it will be small it will be mighty! I actually wrote one of the challenges, so if you keep your eyes peeled for that and participate in it I would be much obliged and it will give me warm fuzzies in my heart.

Here's the couple of things I need to get done during that window of time!

-Figure out where people get GIFs from. The one I used was off Pinterest. Is there a secret fount of these I don't know about? I promise to use them sparingly! Shannon was right, just use the Google machine! Found a few tips on how to search effectively here)

-Make a better plan for guest posting on other people's blogs/having people guest post on mine. I feel like I need a pitch. Or maybe just ask nicely and see what happens? (Did you see Joy's guest post yesterday? It was great!) Thanks to Alysia A's suggestion I found this great post about guest blogging.)

-Update the Review Index (Grumble,grumble. I feel like this is on a lot of people's lists) I only updated the All Lady July one....the other one is too much work for me this weekend. It takes a lot of motivation to get that one cracking)

-Do my own challenge! (I would feel silly for not doig my own challenge. I followed 5 twitter accounts for blogs that I already read and enjoy: Wensend, Doing Dewey, Kari AnnAlysis, Relentless Reader and Angela's Anxious Life!)

-Readreadreadreadread! A couple of the summer reading programs I'm in are finishing in a week or two so I need to finish strong if I want to win prizes :) (2 graphic novels,1 book, and partway into a next book, feeling good about that!)

Not much on the list but enough to keep me busy. Best of luck to everyone with their own lists!


15 comments:

  1. Glad you'll be Bloggiesta-ing!
    My secret source for GIFs (I don't use them much on my blog, but I use them on Tumblr regularly)? Google. I just Google "angry gif" or "shaking head gif" and click the image button. Bam!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Google, simple enough! Thanks for the tip!

      Delete
  2. Great list! My kiddo is home this weekend so I won't get to do a lot, but I'm gonna do SOMETHING!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. SOMETHING totally counts. My husband is gone all weekend and all of the major roads around my apartment are under construction so I figure as long as Im alone and captive in my own house I might as well do work! haha

      Delete
  3. Good luck with all your goals!

    ReplyDelete
  4. There is an older mini-challenge on Bloggiesta's page about Guest post help. You should check it out and see if helps. Good luck on your to do list.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh thanks for the tip! I will check that out.

      Delete
  5. love your list, I too would like to know about gifs :) I will be stalking all the answers :) Happy Bloggiesta.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've been wondering about GIFs, too, so thanks for the great tips! I enjoyed Joy's guest post. I would love to have you do a guest post on my blog!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. No problem! Glad when a bloggiesta to do list can help other people. Just let me know when and what and I'm all for a guest post :)

      Delete
  7. A great place to find fun gifs is Tumblr. Seriously.. there are some good ones there. I have done some guest posts on a few blogs. Some were fun, some were duds. So just be ready for both!! Hope you had a fun Bloggiesta.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have zero experience on tumblr, sounds like I need to get educated! The couple of guest posts I've done/had have worked out really well so I'm just going to hope to keep the streak going! :)

      Delete
  8. Wow, it looks like you got a lot done this Bloggiesta! Thanks for hosting such a helpful challenge. I don't always remember to follow bloggers I love at places other than their blog. Also, thanks for including me in the list of bloggers you're following! I've followed you on twitter too :)

    ReplyDelete

Thank you so much for your comment. I'd love to talk books with you!