Friday, January 1, 2016

What to expect from the blog this year

Hope that everyone is safe and happy after their New Year's Eve debauchery (or not).





There's a couple of things that I've been trying to work into the blog, but with the switching of the New Year, and it being the classic time to promise changes, I figure I might as well make it official.





Once a month on the blog you'll get:





-Expat/Fish out of water stories: People who pick up and  move to a drastically new country or place have my respect. That's a hard thing to do. I like to hear about the things that they found the hardest to adapt to, or what things are the same everywhere. We've got a couple lined up already that sound good!





-Graphic novels: I've been trying to do this already. Though it is proving harder than I thought because I wanted to focus on stand alones, or small series. So if anyone has any suggestions, throw them my way!





-Movie talk: Through serendipitous and wonderful circumstances my friend Brian will be stopping by the blog once a month and talk movies. I have known Brian for quite some time, and we've recently become neighbors! Here's some quick info about Brian, you will see him soon!


Brian Cooper is a film junkie and bibliophile, a wannabe novelist (who isn't these days), husband, and father. You can see some of his other musings on film at CinemaFaith.com, or his personal blog at threegrainsofsand.BlogSpot.com







There's the plan for the new year! Hope I'll see you around!




Because.......







One thing that will NOT change will be that I will take every opportunity to use GIFS from my favorite movies. So, sorry if you're not a Tarantino fan.
via GIPHY

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like you've got a good lineup ahead! I look forward to expat stories especially. As for graphic novels, I keep adding them to my TBR but I never get around to them...Some standalones on my list are How to Understand Israel in 60 Days or Less and Through the Woods. One I read in university that you might like is Two Generals by Scott Chantler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks for the recommendations! I will definetly look into them!

      Delete

Thank you so much for your comment. I'd love to talk books with you!